What We Believe
Doctrinal Statement of Faith:
- We Believe… That the Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God and without mistakes as originally written. It is the complete revelation of His will for salvation and the only unfailing rule of faith and practice for the Christian life.
- We Believe… In One God, Creator of all things, eternally existing in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, and that these three are Co-Eternal and Co-Equal.
- We Believe… In the Spiritual Deity of Jesus Christ; His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit; His virgin birth; His sinless life; His substitutionary death on a cross; His bodily resurrection; His ascension to the right hand of the Father; and His personal, imminent return.
- We Believe… That humanity was created by and for God; that by humanity’s disobeying God, every person incurred spiritual death, which is separation from God, and physical death as a consequence; and that all people are sinners by nature and practice.
- We Believe… That Jesus Christ died for our sins and that all who believe in Him are declared righteous because of His sacrificial death and are, therefore, in the right relationship with God.
- We Believe… Regeneration is a transformation of the heart, wrought by the Holy Spirit, who quickeneth the dead in trespasses and sins, enlightening their minds spiritually to understand the Word of God, and renewing their whole nature, so that they love and practice holiness.
- We Believe… In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit indwelling all disciples of Christ Jesus and thus enabling and empowering the life and ministry of the Disciples of Christ Jesus.
- We Believe… That Saving Faith is the belief, on God's authority, of whatsoever is revealed in His Word concerning Christ Jesus; accepting and resting upon Him alone for justification, sanctification and eternal life. It is wrought in the heart by the Holy Spirit, and is accompanied by all other saving graces and leads to a life of holiness
- We Believe… In the bodily resurrection of everyone who has lived according to the righteousness of God written in the Holy Bible, the everlasting blessedness of those in right relationship with God, and the everlasting punishment of those who have rejected God's forgiveness in His Son.